Parents who are interested in registering their child(ren) at St. Gabriel should contact us for information about eligibility and programs. St. Gabriel also registers new students throughout the school year, however, acceptance depends on classroom availability and area of residence.
How do I register?
If you are interested in registering your child(ren) for the 2021-2022 school year, the dates to register are as follows:
|January 18 to January 27, 2021 (by appointment only)
||February 1 to February 5, 2021 (by appointment only)
To register your child, please make an appointment with the school secretary. We will have appointments available during the day and/or after school.
If you already have a child registered in our school, please make an appointment during the sibling registration dates indicated above.
What should I bring with me?
In order to qualify for English instruction in Quebec public schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.
When you come to register at the school, please bring all the following documents to ensure that you will obtain your child’s Certificate of Eligibility. The school will then apply for the Certificate of Eligibility and you will receive it in the mail. You must return to the school with your original Certificate of Eligibility to validate your registration with the school board.
- Your child’s birth certificate (Long version Canadian Birth Certificate (with parents’ names))
- The birth certificate or valid passport of the parent who received their education in English
- The Permanent Code of the parent or sibling who received their education in English (High School, College, or University transcript) or the Certificate of Eligibility of the parent or sibling who attended/is attending an English school)
- A photocopy of your child’s Medicare card (visible number and expiration date)
- A photocopy of your child’s vaccination booklet
- Proof of residence (For children born outside Quebec)
- Your current address and phone numbers
*Please note that all the documents and information have to be brought to your registration appointment to ensure that you receive your child’s Certificate of Eligibility as soon as possible.